When smoked, non-flushed plants are easy to spot. Ever see that black gunk that “goos up” your pipe? That is the result of not flushing enough. MMJ ash should be grey and suck thru a bong with no problem. This is because nutrients contain minerals and minerals are metals.
Flushing marijuana is a two-step process meant to remove the excess nutrients from the soil/coco/hydro setup. The first step is to leach the nutrients out of the soil/coco or rinse out the hydro reservoir and fill with clean water. The second step is to deprive the plants of nutrients until they is ready to harvest.
Why flush at all, you may ask? See, the plants retain the nutrients you give them. They hold it in their leaves just in case you forget to feed them again. They like being fed. But, since we continue to feed them, they don’t need this stored up food. This in turn means that if you don’t flush, your medicine will be harsh and bitter due to excessive nutrient build up.
Flushing should begin 10 days before harvest. On an 8 week finishing cycle, you can stop feeding at the start of week seven. In hydro, you can feed a little longer, through week 7. Hydro will give you larger buds because of the longer feeding schedule.
HOW TO FLUSH SOIL OR COCO
In soil or coco, flushing is a two-step process. The first step is to leach the minerals out of the soil/coco. The second step is to deprive the plants of nutrients. This is done by feeding them only water. The plants are used to nutrients and when they are withheld, the plant will begin feeding on its stored nutrients.
- Make sure you have those little trays under your pots to catch all the run off.
- Pour 15 gallons of water through each 15 gal pot.
- Take your time to prevent the water from just running off.
- Use your ShopVac to suck the water out of the trays.
- Make sure you get all the water (to keep from having nutrients leach back in).
- Repeat steps 1-3 every day for the next 4 days.
- Be thorough.
- Simply don’t feed the plants.
- Use pure water with a pH of 6.0-6.3.
HOW TO FLUSH HYDRO
As for a hydro set up, flushing is actually very easy. The steps are the same… almost.
- First, unplug the water pump and let all the water drain.
- Detach the 2 hoses from the bucket.
- Discard nutrients and sterilize all components as usual.
- Refill the reservoir with 20 gal of pure water pH 5.8
- Reattach those hoses!
- Plug in your pump and let the water circulate for 2 hours.
- Discard the water from the reservoir and refill once again.
- Allow this batch of water to circulate through for 24 hours.
- Discard the water again and refill with pure water pH 5.8
- Allow this final batch of water to flow through the system until harvest.
- Be sure and check your water level and top off as necessary.
So there you have it, the secret to well flushed plants. Grow well, my friends and remember: Puff Puff Pass!
So we smoked it til we had no more. We were just chillin for awhile til one of my friends had this TOTAL blank look on his face then was just like…Guys….The trees are ATTACKING! He starts laughing his ass off, it was hilarious (I supposed you had to be there to find it funny…lol…) So now, I’m SUUUPER high and we’re just thinking, let’s go somewheres…So I get up and start walking. HOLY shit!! As soon as I start walking, I’m actually walking UPSIDE DOWN! (Well, not literally, that’s just how I felt.) Then, I started running cause it’s the most amazing feeling I’ve ever experienced! LOL
— Random Story Ripped from the Internet